May 8, 2022
From the desk of Brownie,
2022 is off to a great start for USA Softball of Maine, we are looking forward to a Fantastic season of girls softball.
District 6 We have lost one of our greatest mentors of the game of softball Commissioner Jeff Marshall passed away in early January from cancer. His burial service will be held on Saturday May 21st 11:00 am at the Pine View Cemetery in Belgrade. As most of you know Jeff spent over 30 years improving the sport of softball for girls throughout the State of Maine. Paying your respect to Jeff would be a honor…..
New Federal Law SAFESPORT
Former President Donald Trump signed into law the SafeSport measure requiring all who work with our young adults are certified and accountable for their actions. This year SAFESPORT is now required for everyone involved with our athletes.
I have made a simple process to follow for all:
- Log onto http://registerusasoftball.com
- Create a user name (email address)
- Create a password
- Click on background check (depending on your name may take a few minutes)
- Click on the SAFESPORT tab (takes you to the new site)
- Create a user name and password (can be the same as above)
- Add your personal info to SafeSport site
- Under organization PLEASE put USA SOFTBALL (this will get you to the right program to start)
- Once registered your training requirement will be the CORE course 90 minutes in length.
- After completing it will give you directions to print your certificate Please do so
- Log out of SAFESPORT.
- Log back into registerusasoftball.com
- In the middle of the log in page there will be a box that ask if you would like to SYNC your SafeSport account please do so.
- You will see that you are compliant for 2022 season.
This is a requirement for all coaches and 18 year old players who will be playing with younger players on your team.
Any issues with registerusasoftball call me 314-1876
Any issue with SafeSport site call 720-676-6417 (tech support)
Tournaments are filling fast for the summer looks to be a banner year for all events. Please keep in mind we are still experiencing an UMPIRE shortage, we are having issues even filling high school games. So with that said some tournaments may need to make changes to the amount of teams allowed to play…..
Our borders are now open and our teams from the north are looking to return after a 3 year hiatus, this is a fantastic opportunity for all..
Maine State Championship weekend July 22-24 is looking great, please get your teams registered ASAP so proper arrangements can be made. To be entered you must register online and send payment before the event.
We have a new District 6 USA Softball Commissioner, Steve Belanger. He can be reached at either cell, 649-4701, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
USA Softball of Maine Jeff Marshall Scholarship Award is available, please have players send in application ASAP as the timeline is near. Form is on the website under resources.
So looking forward to summer 2022 softball.
Any questions or concerns please contact me and I will do my best ..
Cleveland “Brownie” Brown
USA Softball of Maine
State Junior Olympic Commissioner
Cell 207-314-1876 email@example.com