Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register a team?
To register with Maine USA Softball contact the District Commissioner nearest you. Commissioners are listed on the contacts page of this website.

What do I have to do to play in a USA Softball State Tournament ?
First you have to be a registered USA Softball team. Register with your District Commissioner. They will provide you with information on State Tournaments. Next you have to complete a roster. Adult rosters for the Class E States are due on June 18th. Junior Olympic rosters are due prior to the State Tournament.

Where do I get a State roster and Registration?
Rosters and Registrations can be obtained thru your district Commissioner. Rosters must be signed by and turned in to your district commissioners Youth rosters must be signed by a parent or guardian.

What are the age restrictions for USA Softball Junior Olympics ?
Maine ASA sponsors 10,12,14,16 and 18 +Under State tournaments. Whatever age the child is on January 1st is the age group they may play with. So if you are 12 on Jan. 1st you may play 12+Under. A child may play at a higher level as well. A Child may participate in 1 state tournament not multiple.

Can an Adult play in more than 1 State Tournament ?
Yes they can but in only 1 per division of Play. For example you could play , Modified and Slow Pitch, Mens or Womens Slow Pitch and Co-Ed but could not play in a Mens Class D Slow Pitch as well as the Mens Class E Slow Pitch. 

How much are the entry fees for Adult State Tournaments ?
$325 for a three game gaurantee tournament format.

How much are the entry fees for Junior Olympic State Tournaments ?
$300 for a Double Elimination tournament and $350 for a 3 Game Guarantee format. Class A tournaments are 3 Game Guarantee format.